The natural fermentation and barrel-ageing of selected organic Italian grapes gives this red wine vinegar an appealing cloudy rose-pink colour and a balanced, fruity aroma. Unpasteurised, unfiltered and with no added sulfites, it is rich in live bacteria and contains the nutritious 'mother'.
Wine vinegar has a very old history in Italy where it has been prized since Roman times for its therapeutic properties and culinary uses.
Use in salad dressings, sauces and marinades.
- Use vinegar to freshen wilted vegetables such as spinach or lettuce by soaking them in 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Use vinegar as a substitute for lemon juice; half measure of vinegar is equivalent to a full measure of lemon or lime juice.
- Use vinegar as a seasoning at the place of salt for foods such as potatoes or other vegetables.
- Ideal drizzled over green salads, pasta salads, or potato salad.
- Use to garnish hot soups as well as cold soups like gazpacho.
- Great to brighten preparations that are otherwise earthy and savoury, like sautéed mushrooms or caramelized onions.
Store closed in a cool dark place, away from heat source and direct sunlight. Any cloudiness or sediment does not affect the quality of the vinegar. This is a sign of our natural production method.